Tomb Raider Slot Review
With a theme spun off the iconic Tomb Raider video game, this slots title with its 5 x 3 reel layout is a favourite among New Zealand casino regulars. Developed by Microgaming and first released in October 2004, the slot comes with many helpful features such as Autospin, with which you can spin automatically at a preset number. Players who are more big spenders would especially love this title due to its low volatility. To spin away, you’d have to stake at 0.15 per spin for a max of 37.5. At a bit over 3%, the house edge is still reasonable compared with other titles, and you get to recoup the bigger part of your bet after each spin. In the game, the Tomb Raider logo corresponds with the Wild Cards, Lara Croft with the Scatters, and the Bonus Card is the Idol Symbol. Players enjoy two major promotional features: the free spins and the Tomb Bonus. Players who choose to smartly leverage the 3x multiplier feature stand a shot at getting large payouts. Whether or not you fancy the adventures of Lara Croft, there is a decent chance you’d ultimately dig this title.
Tomb Raider Bonuses
Two main in-game offers are available to players – the Tomb Bonus and the Free Spins. If at least 3 scatters (out of five) show up on the reels, you will get credited with 10 Free Spins. A 3x multiplier bonus applies to all winnings you might’ve obtained when spinning away freely. At least three idols must appear on the reels to unlock the Tomb Bonus. Ultimately, your total payouts would be the sum of all accumulated earnings. Here’s a brief rundown of in-game bonus-affiliated features you might come across.
- Wild Symbol: With this, every symbol, save for scatters, would be activated, and your earnings doubled.
- Scatter and Free Spins: The protagonist herself, being the face of the scatters, players get to have their current winnings multiplied whenever 3 or more scatters appear on the reels. How much the winnings get multiplied depends on the number appearing on the screen.
- Pick and Choose Bonus Feature: Every treasure hunter game has golden icons – they seem too frequent. We wonder why these intrepid explorers go so far and wide in search of them. Well, this mobile slot gives us a little clue, as we are presented with a room full of golden icons to choose from. Pick four to get extra cash in your pocket.
Tomb Raider: rules and gameplay
Tomb Raider has been around for well over 16 years, but is yet still one of the best pokies to play. The slot’s RTP is around 96.65%, which makes it quite an awesome title.
- Adjust the bets to a value you like – between 0.05 – 5. Tap the +/- button beside the input fields to facilitate this. You shouldn’t skip this step as the default bets erode your bets quickly.
- Tap on the “Select Lines” button to adjust the number of paylines you wish to spin on
- To spin away, tap on the Spin button. To use the autospin feature, tap on “Autoplay” beside the spin button to play without getting interrupted. You can set anywhere between 1 and 100 automatic spins.
To clinch free spins, 10 spins to be exact, 3+ Lara Croft symbols must appear on the reels. Any winnings a player gets in this get multiplied by 3. To get credited with free spins (while playing with free spins itself!), 3+ scatter symbols must again appear on the reels. Should 3+ Idols appear on an active payline, the Tomb Bonus extra would get triggered for the lucky player. You’d need to select from any 12 Idol symbols showing up, though.
- A 3-Idol Activated Round – Unlocks between 36 and 1,500 Bonus Points
- A 4-Idol Activated Round – Unlocks between 48 and 2000 Bonus Points
- A 5-Idol Activated Round – Unlocks between 60 and 2500 points.
Each of the idols uncovers bonus winnings. If 3 idols activate the round, players can win from 36 to 1500 Bonus points. If 4 idols trigger it, players can win between 48 and 2000 Bonus points. Finally, if 5 idols activate it, players can be awarded between 60 and 2500 Bonus points. Sadly, Tomb Raider does not have a progressive jackpot. On the bright side, the max prize you could get is 337, Summarily, to play the game:
Tomb Raider Slot Advantages & Disadvantages
- Low House Edge – 3%
- Tripled winnings for every free spin
- Low to medium volatility.
- The aesthetics are quite poorly strung up due to archaic flash tech.
Tomb Raider has an RTP of 96.65%, which ensures a large return on your initial wager should you lose on a gaming round. While there are no progressive jackpots, you can obtain a jackpot of up to 115,000 if you manage to get enough wildcards on a payline. To get up to 7500x of your initial bet, you must land 5 wild cards. And should you get lucky enough to land such on a Free Spin, you could win up to 22,500x your initial bet when you factor in the preexisting 3x multiplier. Players also get to stake a minimum of 0.05 coins/slot, with the max capped at 2, as with most other slots.
1️⃣ Can I Play Tomb Raider for Free?Yes, you can. Simply look for the demo option on your preferred casino and spin away to have a taste of gameplay.
2️⃣ Can I Win Real Money Playing Tomb Raider?Absolutely. You need only make sure you’ve made the minimum deposit or have been awarded some credits to have a shot at winning real money.
3️⃣ What are the Minimum and Maximum Bets at Tomb Raider?The minimum bet you can place on any line is 0.15, and the maximum is 37.5.
4️⃣ How to Win at Tomb Raider?To win at Tomb Raider, ensure you’ve funded your gambling wallet to stand a shot at winning real money. Hit the spin or tap on the auto-spin feature, then hope that a winning combination appears simultaneously.